Female Hair Loss
Female hair loss is usually treated as a medical visit. Dr. Seeley will order blood work and check for certain areas unusual results. With females, there are many causes for hair loss which include the following:
- Stress (emotional and physical)
- Hormonal imbalance, specifically androgen sensitivity
- Change in hormonal birth control
- Immune system irregularities
- Yeast overgrowth or fungi
- Thyroid disorders
- Crash or liquid protein diets leading to sudden dramatic weight loss
- Nutritional deficiencies (especially vitamin D, vitamin A, iron, and protein)
- Cosmetics (allergies and harsh treatments)
- Dental treatment
- Blood loss
- Medications (including anticoagulants, anticonvulsants, antithyroid medication, and hormone therapy)
- Severe psychological distress or life-threatening situations
Start your Aesthetic Journey Today!
Ready to schedule a consultation with one of our board-certified plastic surgeons? Click the link below to fill out your information and start for the next steps towards a new you!
Male Hair Loss
Problems with thinning hair or hair loss? Connecticut Hair Restoration is a good place to start to first diagnose the reason and consulting with Dr. Brook Seeley will give you treatments that will appropriate to you.
There are many causes of scalp hair loss, and they do differ in men and women. Studies show that losing up to 100-150 hairs per day is normal.
In general, most hair loss is not associated with systemic or internal disease, nor is poor diet a frequent factor. Frequently, hair may simply thin as a result of predetermined genetic factors, family history, and the overall aging process. Many men and women may notice a mild and often normal physiologic thinning of hair starting in their thirties and forties. Other times, normal life variations including temporary severe stress, nutritional changes, and hormonal changes like those in pregnancy, puberty, and menopause may cause a reversible hair loss.
Hair loss can be treated at times with propecia, or a facial cosmetic procedure that Dr. Seeley does offer is Hair Replacement Surgery.