Signs of aging may be more visible on the face than any other area of the body. Facial rejuvenation is a strategy using a variety of treatments to combat a variety of forces at work in an aging face. Here are some of the factors that may accelerate facial aging:
- Exposure to sun, wind, excessive heat and cold
- Chemical and biological pollution
- Hormonal changes, depleted collagen production, thinning of the skin due, facuak bone changes and slacked facial ligaments
- Improper daily habits in terms of skin care, diet, exercise, and cigarette smoking.
- Medical conditions including skin disorders, acne, and chicken pox, which may produce scarring
- Miscellaneous physiological functions can produce freckling pigmentation spots (lentigos), dry spots (keratoses), broken capillaries, and hyperpigmentation from hormonal changes (which may be induced by pregnancy or birth control medications)
There are non-invasive and minimally invasive treatments and procedures used to improve slight facial imperfections. There are plastic surgery procedures that can dramatically improve the appearance of the face. All of these are forms of facial rejuvenation. The most successful approach may be a combination of procedures and treatments for a comprehensive facial rejuvenation strategy. This ranges from skin care, to injectables, to surgery.
A consult with Dr. Brook Seeley will help determine what would work best for you.
Start your Aesthetic Journey Today!
Ready to schedule a consultation with one of our board-certified plastic surgeons? Click the link below to fill out your information and start for the next steps towards a new you!